Politechnika Lubelska is an engineering university in Lublin, Poland. It was established in May 1953 and currently has 11,000 students. It originally started as an Evening Engineering School. The first faculty, which began its activity in 1953, was the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. Ten years later, in 1963/64, the Faculty of Electrical Engineering was established. Next year, the Faculty of Building Engineering begun to function, transformed in 1989 into the Faculty of Civil and Sanitary Engineering and, since July 2009, the current Faculty of Building and Architecture. The Evening Engineering School also became the High Engineering School in 1965. Finally, a celebrated moment was the creation of the current Lublin University of Technology in 1977. Since then, the Faculty of Management and Fundamentals of Technology was added in 1988, which would become the Faculty of Management in 2007. In addition, the Faculty of Environmental Engineering was added in 2004 and the Faculty of Fundamentals of Technology, in 2007.